Friday, June 23, 2006

Two Weeks to Go!

Dear Friends,
The days are growing short. I am beginning to become excited, excited
and terrifies all at once. I am sifting through my life, the
bouquets, the accomplishments of this past year. I am concluding the
wonderful months at Britannia which saw all my dreams come true. My
vision of a youth driven team of young hot shots making something
exceptional to show the world has been with me for seventeen long
years. Within a week of being at Britannia, I looked around at the
MacG5 Lab, and I knew that I could do it there. Long hours, driven by
a vision of the best Yearbook ever, working overtime night after
night to drown my sorrow over losing Samuel, learning Photoshop, and
publishing, meeting deadlines, raising funds, pulling off miracle
after miracle. There were those skeptics who said they would believe
it when they saw it, and even they admit it is "a masterpiece,"
"brilliant," "outstanding," the best Yearbook ever!" And then there
was the production of The Fantaxticks, a fantastic success, and
another huge learning curve. I learned the basics of sound and
lighting, and was the technical director and Assistant Director to
Sarah Ng, who is a phenomenon in her own right. What an amazingly
gifted woman she is, and I was blessed to have her as my colleague
for a full seven months. In fact, I would not have had the job if she
hadn't had the vision to see that, though I was clearly wacky, I was
a life-long learner, and a producer like herself, a doer. And I got
it done. Thank GOD I had that job to keep me busy. There is no way I
would have gotten through it if I did not have something to throw
myself into. More learning and forgiving on the fast track, and now I
am FREE!!! I have done what I said I would do, and the next step of
my adventure awaits me. I am going to Barcelona to meet my soul-mate!
I do not have time right now to tell you how I know this. I have to
pack. But over the next few days I will grab time, and make a record
of this last incredible few8 months that are leading me to a once in
a lifetime miracle. Well, actually I have had a lifetime filled with
miracles, and I will be writing about these signs and wonders as I
blog my way across Europe. I hope that anyone who is reading this is
one of my students or colleagues or friends who have all asked me to
keep in touch! This is how I am doing it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home