Sunday, August 06, 2006

The man...

Last night I was invited to the Agadir Beach Club by the two German women I met the night before. It was VERY grand, and as we were listening to the music, (this time sung by a Russian imitating Shania Twain!) a very elegant Morrocan man, wearing a grey suit, red tie, and blue and white striped shirt, descended the stairs, exuding composure, grace, humility and power. I watched him, then turned away for a moment, and, when I looked for him, he was gone. I was munching almonds, so, a moment later, when he came up BEHIND ME and leaned over the chair and said, "Good evening madam," I CHOKED! Of course, I thought it was HIM, and I was waiting for him to say my name! What a fool I felt as I choked, and he apologized. He was extrememy charming, and it turned out that he knew the women I was with, and recognized that I was a new friend, so, as the Director of the Hotel, he was graciously welcoming me. He spoke a few words about how he would be crazy not to welcome three such beautiful women, and then went on to attend to the other guests. Very charismatic, yet humble at the same time.

Later, after a lovely evening, filled with laughter, music and dancing, and children everywhere, I asked one of the waiters where he was, and he said that he had gone to bed. But at one in the morning, he reappeared, and said they had summoned him! He thought something was wrong, so he came. He sat down with us, and we spent some wonderful moments. He offered his protection and hospitality, along with his philosophy of equal treatment for all people, and we had an amazingly deep conversation about his mother and how she taught him to treat women well. He extended his invitation to us to use the pool and the facilities of the Beach Club, which is next door to Club Med. I will definitely take him up on his invitation.This more the idea I had. I will go there today. Kind of a rehearsal, I think. I could get used to this life! After Spain, the South of France, perhaps the Cote D'Azur, and maybe Monaco!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad he didn't know your name? ;-) David

8/06/2006 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home