Friday, August 18, 2006

Revelation in Erfoud

There was a reason that I came here to Erfour. At first I said "I do not want to wait here in this dusty town to go to the desert.There is nothing here for me." How wrong I was. Once again. I have been here for two days, and it has been amazingly instructive.

Yesterday, after the revelation I had in the talk with Said, the musician, that there is a way that is above all religions that separate Jew from Christian, and Christian from Muslim, and our agreement to work together, he asked me to promise that I would tell everything that happened to the world. In my own way I am. I reaIized that night, at four in the morning, as the call to prayer began, beautiful, plaintive, sweet, that I needed to find the person here in Morroco who can translate A Course in Miracles into Arabic.
Today, as I sat in the cafe owned by the driver of the Land Rover that will take me to the Oasis in Merzzouga today, (where all the caravans meet) today, I received the answer to that prayer. I saw an amazing, beautiful, elegant Berber man, wearing a blue and gold caftan. I asked who he was, and they said, "Oh, that is 'the Professor' " They brought him over to meet me and I was astonished to reconize that he spoke PERFECT, BRILLIANT English, better than my own! He sat down to meet with me, and I realized he could understood the concepts I was trying to explain to Said, the night before in Fex.

Taking my hand, we both closed our eyes, and went instantly into deep meditation. When we opened our eyes, there were tears in them from the sweetness and depth of the sacred connection. It was a Holy Instant that I will never forget as long as I live. He said, "You are the hub. I am the hub. each molecule of existence is the hub of the universe!" Finally, someone who goes to the heart of the matter, immediately, and even deeper than I imagined possible.

He caught my attention instantly because he talked of the way in which language can enchant the user of the language until you are under the spell of your own words. This is a phenomenon only someone who uses words brilliantly like him (or, ok, me, if you insist) can understand. If you are a master of the language, it can take you over, and IT speaks YOU! This is something very few people understand, let alone articulate. Imagine my delight when I heard him say this, and I explained, "It is a gift from God." He said, after a long silence...."Yes, but is this an inspriation or a revelation?"

At last, someone who knows the difference! And can meet me where I am, and teach me something.Immediately I became his student, and teacher. deep listening. A deep and lasting connection that will have profound implications for humanity. How I know this I do not know, but I know it, beyond doubt.

A teacher of Secondary School, elegant, polite, and a deeply spiritual man, in the cafe we connected so deeply that I realized he was the answer to the prayer I made yesterday for God to send me the man in Morocco who would be able to translate A Course in Miracles into Arabic.

Of course, he will need to read it first, and this is a very immense task, but this man has a comprehension of the splendor of language and of God, and is open to the concepts in the book. He is a professional translator, a lingust, and an artist with words.
In fact, what I am learning here in this Muslim country of the riches of the heart are lessons of the Koran, as much as the Bible. And now, of course, there is another scripture, after the Old Testament, after the New Testament, after the Torah and the Koran, that is the next step.

I believe that A Course in Miracles and the principles of Oneness therein are key to the next step for the understanding of humanity of the true nature of reality. This is the scripture for the new Milennium, and the foundation of the transformation of the mind of the planet, so that together we can heal the illusion of separation. The implications for humanity of melding the three great religions and taking them to this new form of thought are beyond comprehension.
So, the revelation that I had with Said, that there needs to be something higher than all this religious craziness, this war based on the idea that there is a better way, a better God, and that one religion has exclusive access to that way, I have found it, resulting in the belief that the way to peace is through war; and I will bomb you into submission until you accept my way, which is clearly the only way.... this insane beleif system of separation is the source of the problem: There must be some way OUT of here! An d the way, of course, is to judge and condemn anyone who does not agree with my individual point of view, my limited ego identity, called individuality. The supremacy of this individuality is highly revered in the West. And look where it has led us. Hell bent on self righteous destruction and death for every single one of us.
Because the Truth is there is only One of us. But the redemption inherent in that Truth is that salvation is available for every One of us simply by recognizing that Oneness.

A Course in Miracles teaches that every problem has already been solved, that all attack is self attack, that the war is internal, just as peace is internal, and there is only one Universe, one mind of God, and through the eyes of God, there is no line in the sand, and nothing worth fighting about.

The teachings of the Muslim religion are of peace. The teachings of A Course in Miracles are of how to actually CREATE peace. I tell the professor that they love me here, and he says, But you ARE loveable!" An embarrassed silence, and then an ackowledgement of the Truth of that statement, without ego. Hunbly, I accept that I AM LOVED AND LOVABLE!!!
All this comes from putting the Peace of God above everything else. I am finally learning the truth of the words: "every problem has already been solved, trust would settle every problem now, there are many answers that we have heard but not yet accepted, there is no order of difficulty in miracles." I am learning that if you ask, you receive, that miracles are not spectacles, but shifts in perception, that the Holy Instant, the moment when two souls meet and become one, and are joined in eternity, occurs in the most unexpected and marvellous of ways, and can happen anywhere, at any time. The only thing necessary is an open heart and a willingness to accept that God's will for us is that we be deeply, profoundly, joyously happy! A miracle is not a spectacle. It is merely a shift in perception from the illusion of separation to the recognition of oneness.
But enough of that.
You would not recognize me. I am mellow! I am having fun, and doing what I do best. I am teaching and learning and spreading peace and laughter. I am not judging. I am trusting. I am patient. I am relaxed and open minded to see what new adventure each day will bring, and I am not disappointed. Never.No complaints, no worries, no stress. This is the life for me!

Hassan, the driver and owner of the cafe, the Land Rover, and, apparently, this internet cafe, where I can stay as long as I like for FREE told me that Moroccans love Canadians, because we are so HAPPY! They do not like the Italians and the Spanish who come here only to get Kif and Hashish, and are difficult and demanding. This, he says is why he likes me. I talk with everyone, like family. "You are my friend," he says, angered that they tried to charge me ten dirhams in his internet cafe.
Last night I went out in my new white caftan by myself, now relaxed and beautiful and graceful, like a Moroccan woman, and encountered a group of women sitting together on the sidewalk. I connected with the children, kissed them, and talked with them in my few words of Arabic, and before we knew it, we fell in love. One of the little girls, the only one who spoke English, invited me home to eat with them. I did not go; because Hassan had told me that he would take me to a wedding. Instead he slept, and I missed both the Wedding and the dinner. But that is how it is here. Everything gets done somehow, and the timing is perfect. I am, believe it or not, learning to be patient, and trust in the Divine plan. Today, once again, I realized how simple it is. Be the love that you seek. Be the riches that you seek. Be the joy and compassion and trust and confidence and abundance that you seek. There is nothing outside your own mind that has power over you. It is all a projection of your past, the baggage you project onto every new relationship, until you make yourself right, that you are above the will of God. Instead, give your faith and your problems to God. .Focus on what you want, the Peace of God, and nothing else. From that place, you create your day, moment by amazing moment. Each day, ask for one small sign that it is directly from the Source. Each day, listen for the Voice of God in the wind, in the stillness within your own mind, and feel the connection to all of Creation.
In this way, every day I am given so much. I am so blessed. My cup runneth over! I am filled with gratitude.

In Fes, the miracle of the loaves and the fishes happened every day, as Maman fed everyone, dancing in the bowl with her hands in the couscous; a smile on her face. I told her sincerely, "You and I will meet in Paradise." Since everything has already happened, and there IS no time, I speak from a place of higher knowing. She said, "Are you sure?" And I said, "I am sure." Because now I know that paradise is a state of grace that can be achieved here and now. You don't have to die to get to Heaven. God is not some man on a throne telling you to go to Heaven or Hell. God is the shining stillness of the eternal moment of now. It is the bliss of waking up to realize that there is no death, all suffering comes from believing in the illusion of separation. There is and can be no separation from all that there is.
"Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Therein lies the peace of God." I have finally learned that there is NOTHING more important than the Peace of God, the stillness, and acceptance of what is, the beauty of each shining moment that radiates throughout every molecule of what appears to be matter, but is actually energy in the form of mass travelling at the speed of light.As one of my high-school students told me, if you could travel as fast as infinity; you would live forever! That is because at the speed of light; time stops! There IS not time, only infinity!

As Einstein said, the eqauation of my youth was e = mc2 The equation of my age is love = space. Every molecule of every particle of everything that exists and everything in between, it is all LOVE! And nothing else exists! Not the war, not the line in the sand that divides the earth into pieces and says this is yours and this mine, and if you draw a line in the sand and I cross it, that is grounds for war.

If we really understand that we are all ONE, then there is nothing to be done except to surrender to God.s will for us, which is.....wait for it......that we be happy!

The blissful Truth is that we are born innocent, not sinners, that we are free to choose. And who would choose hate, greed, sickness; war and poverty, if they knew teh infinite abundabnce and deep acceptance and love that is available to them at any moment. If you want everything, you must give up attachment to anything, and the world will be yours.

"He is here, radiant, invisible,
And His presence makes the garden grow more fragrant."
Rumi

Here, amongst the dirt and the stench of poverty, in the sweet smiles and generous hearts of the Moroccan people, I find peace, and a joy unlike any I have known before. I am home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home