Friday, October 20, 2006

No, REALLY! NOTHING HAPPENED!

I had another miracle yesterday.

 

I left Barcelona, after doing a session until eleven at night or later,  buzzed from the session, not being able to sleep until three in the morning.  Woken by a knock on my door by my host in the lovely apartment in Barcelona she shared with me, where I was invited to stay for a week,  I got up to catch the plane at eight forty-five.   Groggy, but packed, I went out into the rainy dark streets, (Yes, it does rain here, and there are thunder storms, that last for half an hour!)to find a taxi to the main plaza where Marina had told me I could get an airporter bus.  I managed to get a taxi, but he thought I wanted to go to the airport. When I told him I just wanted to go to Plaza Catalunya downtown, he talked me into taking me  to the bus stop at the city limits, Plaza Espanya, and thius saving time, I would rather have saved the money, since I had plenty of time, but I decided to go with the flow because, frankly, I was too tired to resist. The driver chatted in Spanish about Canada, (which is, by the way universally loved and respected her,) and I realized I understood at least half of what he was saying, and could respond in Spanish, and have a decent conversation.  The Airporter arrived just as we got to the bus stop. I paid him his 9.50€, instead of the 3.50€ I had been expecting, and got on the bus, where I had to pay another 3.75€ for the rest of the ride to the airport. I knew that the taxi driver had stretched the trip to make more money, but I had allowed, since I knew he had been hoping for a trip to the airport, which would have been 25€.

 

"Give your brother what he wants, " the Course advises, so I did. But it was on my mind as I made my way to the back of the bus.  I exchanged a few words with the man beside me as I placed my backpack on the luggage rack in front of us. As we glided through the early morning dark, I started wondering and second guessing myself. Had I been a fool and let myself be taken advantage of again?  We arrived at the airport. Hoping I understood the Spanish on my email ticket, saying Terminal B, I asked the business man sitting next to me.   He confirmed that I was right. Still half asleep, but anxious, I got off the bus with my suitcase at terminal B.  

 

 

I went looking for the Air Europa desk, and asked instructions from the security gurard that was checking in the bags. I told myself that I knew how to do this. I have done it hundreds of times all over the world. But at that moment, pulling myself together, I checked my back, and realized that my back pack was not on I had left my backpack on the Airporter bus!!! In shock, I realized that I had left all  my remaining technical goodies, my cell phone, my camera battery charger, etc., but most importantly, the entire record of my trip, the NOTES FOR MY BOOK, now handwritten in my journal kept daily throughout the last four months, because of the loss of my laptop, 

 

Oh my GOD, I must be completely STUPID!

 

STUPID, STUPID STUPID!!!  I kept repeating these words to myself as I went through the revolving door, rushing outside to see if the bus was still there. It was not.

 

My mother's words echoed through my head. If your head wasn't screwed on, you would forget that too!

 

I panicked, desperately running around the airport trying to find someone to help me who spoke English. The TouristIinformation protested that she didn't know, and maybe the Airport Police could help me. She gave me a phone number for the airport police, but did not know the number for the Airporter Bus. She told me that  if I wanted the Police, I needed to walk to Terminal A at least ten minutes away, She did not know if they would know the Airporter Bus number. That is typical of "information" in Spain. No one knows anything. And no one speaks English.

 

They all believe in one thing. FATE! LUCK! BAD LUCK; especially!

 

I finally found a young man who spoke English, could navigate the pay phone, which remains a mystery to me.  For some reason, I used the money I had to call my friend Gala in Barcelona. She is the angel in the massage therapy clinic who had told her friends about me. Gala Is an angel. The room lights up with her beauty when she smiles. I went there every day just to see her smile! I knew that she wanted more than just to be a receptionist in a massage therapy clinic, and I told her so. This led to her working with me, and   feeling like she had been reborn. She told her friends about me. She must have raved, because they went to the website, said I looked like an angel, and the next day they invited me to come to Granada to work with them.

 

In the ONE MINUTE phone call that cost 1.85€, I managed to give her the police phone number and tell her what happened. I thought I should go outside and find the airporter bus so we did that.  I got the number of the company from the driver.. But he said there would not be anyone there until 8 o'clock. My plane was leaving at 8:45.

 

Then I said that I should wait outside until the bus came back. But the man said "It will take around an hour for the bus to go back to the city, and return here. And anyway, you would have to be REALLY LUCKY for your bag not to be stolen, and the bus to come back to the airport with it still there!

 

I said, "But I am lucky!"

 

And right then and there I remembered the truth, that we are never alone, that there are invisible angels waiting to help us if we only ask. But we have to ask, and then let them take care of it!

 

I started visualising my bag being returned to the airport.  

 

The man had said you will be lucky if someone doesn't steal it! There it was gain, the spectre of the theives in Spain, and I was being given ANOTHER opportunity to create something different.

 

So I PRAYED BUTT OFF!!! I visualised my bag being proteceted, and coming back to me with everything intact.

 

Then I thought,  I must check in, so I went to Air Europa and there, in Business Class was a woman who spoke English and had a cell phone which, once she understood what had happened, she let me use, even thought she said her boss would KILL her! She allowed me to phone Gala, and explain what happened and she got it. I gave her the information on the ticket:  which bus, and which driver, etc. She said not to worry, she would do her best to  it back.

 

And then I had to go because my plane was leaving at eight forty five, and it was eight fifteen. They were boarding. Off I went .I got to the line up with five minutes to spare. The plane left the tarmac at 2 minutes after nine. All the way,   on the plane to Palma Mallorca, in the waiting room at the layover and on the next place to Granada, I continued to visualize my back pack safely being  brought back to the office by the bus driver.

 

At the airport in Granada I was met by Monica, the beautiful woman who saw my webiste and  said that I must be an angel, and had to work with me. Shecame with her beautiful baby, Lucia, who was  asleep in her stroller.  She brought me here to her brother Oscar's apartment in Granada where I am staying while I teach.

 

Oscar arrived on the sidewalk, we embraced, and kissed on both cheeks, as we do here in Spain, and he said, "First I must tell you, your rucksack is safe! Gala phoned me to tell me she will pick it up at the office tomorrow, and keep it for you!"

 

Wow!!! I had had three hours sleep, I was exhausted, but all of a sudden I had energy to spare! What a miracle. I said thank you, and we went on with our day. When I called Gala, she told me that the bus driver had found the bag and had RETURNED TO THE AIRPORT WITH IT!

 

Shehad  tried to get them to page me, but the plane actually took off at nine o.clock. We were already on the runway taxiing, so it was impossible, but WOW! Talk about the power of the mind to manifest what you think, almost instantaneously. I cancelled any thought that it would be stolen, not even an fragment of doubt, once I recognized my ego mind was wanting to prove that I was a stupid fool, that I deserved something bad to happen to me to punish me for my carelessness. I saw how I did it to myself, and I forgave myself instantly, and it was undone. What a blessing. The Universe delivers exactly what you ask for! So be careful what you ask for! Thoughts are things, so choose good ones!

 

All I have to say is, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!"

 

Now I am in Granada, where I have my own apartment with my own office.   Last night I met the Master of the Spiritual Centre who has offered his space to us for FREE! His name is Antonio, and he is a writer and a Shaman, and teaches the Kabbala, and has classes of mostly women. We arrived there last night and there were at least twenty women and one man, all stone faced serious, taking notes, while Antonio, a Leo performer, presented a lecture on ....yup, you guessed it, projection and introjection! And attachment to the material world, and how most people hand on greedily to what they have, believing if they give they will have less, but not realizing that giving is the way to abundance. He had given them an exercise to give something precious to them away, and record their reactions. Not one of them had done it. He acted out the way most people live their lives believing they are puppts on strings, and then he finishe his lecture on moving up from the lower base instincts of FEAR and GREED and attachment to the material world to the solar plexus and the heart which lightens your energy, and then to above his head, where he said, in Spanish, over and over, "No  pasa nada"  He said, we should make signs saying, "No pasa nada!"

 

He had summed up the entire Course in Miracles in two words!

 

I burst out with the two words in English, that he was holding up over his head: 

 

In English we say,

 

"NOTHING HAPPENED"

I was astounded .My friend and teacher Sandy Levey, seventeen years ago, when she began to teach the Course in MIracles,  had SIGNS made that said,

 

"NOTHING HAPPENED!"

 

And here in a room in the Civic Centre in Granada, seventeen years latere,  was a man gesturing with an imaginary sign over his head that said  "No pasa nada Nada!"

 

What a hoot! Synchronicity abounds.

 

So that was the second miracle of the day.

 

Of course, we had to go out for a drink together, the four of us, Monica, Julie her friend who speaks perfect English, and Antonio and I. We recognized each other immediately, and started playing with the cosmic joke of each other, and he admitted that he liked me! I would just have to accept that. He played with mock guilt and we both cracked up! The two girls said that they would have to leave now, but no, it was just playing. And that was what was so delightful. When two teachers who are at the same level meet, it is a delight, and we can play like children.

 

After he left, Julie and Monica asked me if I wanted to continue in another part of the city close to Alhambra. Even though I was tired, I said Yes. Monica worked in radio and that is where she met her husband. Now she is a new mother, and it is, of course, exhausting and demanding in ways that you can't even imagine. And she is on this spiritual path, wanting to become a spiritual teacher and writer herself.

 

Apparently, a month ago, Monica had asked Antonio why HE was teaching about the Goddess, and why it was  always male teachers telling women about their spiritual path. She asked him why she couldn´t have a woman teacher. She asked her teacher why she couldn't have a female teacher, and, of course he said she could! But the way he did it was brilliant.

 

She was moaning about her crisis in her life, and her husband and so on, and he said to her. "You are making a bad death. At least make a good one!" He made her laugh at her drama, and at that moment she realized she could have anything she wanted. She was creating her misery, why not create a miracle?

 

It seems that I am her answer to prayer, her proof that miracles do happen. And, just to confirm it, when I arrived for lunch with her brother and her husband, the credit cards which had been lost for five days, ever since she went to book the trip for Granada for me, reappeared, as if by magic, in the shirt pocket of her husband's shirt.

 

And so we ended up in a Morrocan tea house where we had mint tea and talked until Monica had to go and get her baby from her mother's house at midnight. Just before she left, we were joking about witches, and how women were punished in the past for speaking and practicing their truth. At that moment, Monica's eyes bugged out of her head. I remember this! I know you!

 

Apparently, when she got home with her baby, she couldn't carry her, and her bag, and the bag I had left in the car, and she realized she had left her keys in the car. When she arrived at the door, there wer her husband's keys in the door!

 

And his name?

 

Angel!!!

 

This feeling of recognition, and the feeling of being surrounded by light and angels has been happening repeatedly here.

 

 First it was Kristian, the Spanish Rock Musician, with light all around him, saying he had never experienced anything like this meeting, as if he knew me and I knew him. that happened when he asked me, "What is happening in this world?" And I gave him a real answer.

 

It happened when I went to the Course in Miracles Center and the teacher came into the room and locked eyes with me, and we recognized each other and broke into a burst of wild laughter. And then at the end of the workshop the translator came up to me, embraced me and said, I heard that you were coming, but I didn't know it was YOU! She repeated it three times, in English. I didn´t  know it was YOU! I didn´t know it was YOU! And then she embraced me, and said how good it was to see me again.

 

So people are starting to see me as a Teacher.  I don't need to sit and take notes any more. They will sit and take notes while I talk, or learn from me. Sonia told me that she saw me with people sitting at my feet, enchanted, and I was speaking in Spanish. She said I have a lovely voice, and people love to listen to me. Just like my beautiful ex husband said. He told me, long ago, you would have people sitting at your feet and working for you if you only realized how powerful you are. And he got it from hearing my voice on the radio!

 

The day before i left Barcelona there was a woman in the elevator speaking French. She had a lovely little girl with her, and I spoke with them, as I am wont to do in elevators, thus breaking all conventions. But by the time we reached the top floor, we were fast friends, and she told me that she is a professional editor, teaches young people Final Cut Pro and Avid, and has a Sony broadcast quality camera!!! Wowee!! I should have asked her to come to Barcelona adn do a DVD of the workshop! That is what Sonia told me to do! It is happening so fast, David! The miracles are coming one after another, and it is so easy.  

 

 

Back to the Morrocan teahouse. After Monica left, her eyes, bugging out of her head,   Julie got to ask the questions that were burning inside of her. I stepped into the role of teacher, with ease, and gratitude for being allowed to be a vehicle for the Voice for Love. I  listened deeply as she asked  about the power of the dark, and how vulnerable she felt in her meditation to being taken over by the dark forces, and how she felt she could not ignore all the pain and suffering in the world. She was filled with the pain of the nightmare of the illusion, and was paralyzed with the pain she perceived as real.

 

After a two hour private session with her, over mint tea, she came to realize that she had mistaken sacrifice (crucifixion) for love, and that she did not have to give herself away and exhaust herself in order to love. "

"It is but myself I crucify!"

 

When she realized that she was giving to the One, and that she could not lose true inheritance, which is Love, she lit up with joy. That recognition, that there is only One of us, and we are all waking up together, gently healing together and going Home together, that, my dear friends, is the true meaning of salvation or Atonement - At ONE ment!!! 

 Once you realize that, "Every encounter is Holy, because you only meet yourself, " then you can stop wearying yourself with the strain of constant judgment, trying to sort out what is evil and what is good.

 

"What is all -encompassing can HAVE no opposite!"

 

So there is no need to be on guard constantly trying to protect yourself from attack, and therefore, you are safe.

 

Just like a little girl waking from a nightmare, you don't shake them awake and yell at them "Wake up. It is just a dream, you stupid thing! Don´t you know anything??" The ego loves that sort of thing. It can be very subtle, undermining any chance at happiness you might allow yourself. In fact, the ego is VERY suspicious of love, or anything resembling happiness. It has a wide range of responses to the approach of love, form suspicious to VICIOUS. This gives rise to what appears to be Hell on Earth! All the pain and suffering, war, gred, envy, suspiciousness, conflict, all the forms of competition, power and oppression, all the conniving and manipulating and calculation and counting and measuring and comparing, and I've got more than you, I'm better than you, "the one with the most toys at the end wins" philosophy, is just the futile posturing of the crazy ego mind.

 

To think that when you are in a deep state of meditation, or a dream of Peace, One with all that there is, open to the benevolent energy of the "totalidad" or the Universe, floating in a boundless expanse of pure spaciousness which is nothing but eternal love and peace, that this would be an opportunity for the dark forces of greed and oppression and terror to enter in, and attack you, is merely to misunderstand the true nature of love.

 

Once Julie recognized how she had misunderstood what love was, doubting her own ability to discern between love and attack, she realized she had been crucifying herself in the name of love, giving to everyone but herself. She wept with relief.  Through the process of forgiving herself for what she had created from guilt and projected onto the world, she remembered who she really IS and she came Home to the Truth. That was her moment of salvation, when forgave herself for separating herself, and believing to the voice of the ego which says you must protect yourself, that the best defence is a good offense, that reality is struggle and sacrifice, attack and defence, pain and suffering, and that unless you suffer, you can't earn love, which, of course is conditional! Sheh let go of that false security, and came into the Truth,  become at one with all that there is, which is infinite love and patience, and trust. In that place, nothing can hurt you, or even come close to taking anything away from you. You are One with the infinite Source of all abundance and joy, and all you have to do is extend it.

 

Teach only LOVE because that is what you are, and to teach is simply to demonstrate.

 

So that is what I am doing. I have turned my life into a hymn  of praise and healing. I have accepted salvation for myself and I am Home. Now I simply am extending the invitation to anyone who wants to join me. I am doing the work I came here to do. And I am deeply, profoundly happy. The goal was not happiness, but it is the result of giving myself to the ONE. I no longer need to defended myself against a hostile world conspiring to rob me of my peace. Nothing can touch my peace. There is nothing in this world that I would trade for it. I have given everything to the Kingdom, because I now know that that is what I AM, so I give but to myself. Nothing has power over me.

 

 

I am AWAKE! I am FREE! I am fulfilling my PURPOSE. I have received a gift, adn now i am sharing it, and like the miracle of the loaves and fishes, it expands to fill the need. Three is, as my dearly beloved ex husband used to say to me, "more where that came from!"

 

I realized once again how much I love this work, and, even though I could not sleep until three again, it was worht it to see her face light up when she realized that SACRIFICE  IS NOT LOVE,  and that she gives to others by giving to herself.  As a nurse who is constantly dealing with pain and suffering, She natrutally has the inclination to believe that all that pain is real. But, rember the Course says

 

"Nothing REAL can be threatend.

Nothing UNREAL exists!"

Herein lies the Peace of God."

 

She offered herself peace and trust and faith,  instead of draining herself and exhausting herself trying to decide whether she could trust herself to distinguish between what is dark power and what is light, and thereby have her power taken from her.

 

I understand only too well from my own presonal history how all those memories of past lives when women were crucified, (burned, roasted, toasted, tortured, you name it) for being healers and wise women, those days are OVER!

 

The quickening has arrived. The answer has been given. The problems have all been solved. All we need do now is listen. Hearing is no longer the special function of a few special chosen ones. It is available to all of us if we choose to listen. We are safe to love one another. And we are safe to LIVE OUT LOUD!!

 

"In my defencelessness my safety lies.
 

 

 

It may seem impossible to believe, it may seem that  attack is more possible when you are "undefended" whether in sleep or in meditation. It may seem as if some force can strike you out of the blue and take your peace from you, that you need to have everything perfectly under control, with your furniture just so, your money just so, your affairs in order, guaranteeing your security, and then something, the stock market crashes, you lose your inheritance that you had been counting on, you get diagnosed with breast cancer, your parent dies, your husband leaves you, you are robbed, you have three car accidents in a row, you are forty two and still not married, and you fear you never will have a child, you are raped, whatever it is, appears to come from outside yourself, and steal your innocence, your peace, your certainty.

 

Doubt enters in. You give your power away. You  become uncertain. This is too much pain. You swear you will never_____________________ again. Fill in the blank: Share your writing with someone who can criticize you, talk in front of a group of people, love again, trust again, care again about anyone else, give again, etc. And all the time it is not the events that happen to you but the meaning you gave them that is determining what happens.   What we believe we perceive. What we resist persists. We carry it forward and project it, moment by moment onto this moment, and scribble the present in the name of protecting ourselves from the pain of the past, thereby ruining our future and making ourselves right that REALITY is PAINFUL and that Giving is a way to lose and that we are ultimately alone and separate, and that we have no one to trust in except ourselves. Well no wonder we are afraid!!!

 

But, of course,  this is not the Truth. It is a difficult concept to grasp, but the Truth is that in your DEFENCELESSNESS your safety lies. You are transparent. You are One with the Love that created you. You are still and silent inside, no matter WHAT appears to be happening outside you , no matter how much the puppet strings of Deception are tossing you about.

 

You don't struggle with the dark forces. You don´t attack the nightmare and make it more real! You turn on the light and tell the child that it is safe NOW! THEN you explain it was just a bad dream and they can wake up into the happy dream. Still a dream, but how much more pleasant to be awake in it, able to play in it, adn have the realization that you are not a puppet being manipulated by the invisible strings of dark and powerful forces over which you have no control!

 

You are awake! It is beautiful! You can have anything you want! You are the creator of the Universe! When YOU wake up, we save one thousand years in the illusion of time.

 

 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home